On-Line registration is the first opportunity you have to register for aquatic activities. Convenient and no waiting in line. Your household account must be created through our office prior to registering on the web. Call us at 326-FUNN to set-up your household account and visit our website at www.bakersfieldswim.us.
A mail in registration form is located in the Activity Brochure. Be sure to call for available classes before mailing in your form; classes fill quickly. Complete the Registration From and enclose a check or money order payable to the “City of Bakersfield”, or provide credit card information. Don’t forget to sign the Assumption of Risk Form. Mail to:
Department of Recreation & Parks
1600 Truxtun Avenue, 3rd Floor
Bakersfield, CA 93301
1. Pick three class times that will work for you, because registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and these popular classes do fill quickly.
2. Bring your completed registration form, located in the Activity Brochure, with the Assumption of Risk form signed.
3. Bring a driver’s license, imprinted check, or utility bill to verify city residency or pay the non-resident fee.
4. If registering for another family, you are required to have an Assumption of Risk form signed by the parent or guardian of the individual you are registering along with city residency verification, if applicable.
5. Discounted swim lesson registrations must be completed in person at McMurtrey Aquatic Center.